Saturday 31 July 2010

These are a Few of my Favourite Things: Potato Salad


God, I love potato salad.  I mean, I REALLY love it.  I could sit and eat this whole bowl, steadily, picking away at it, until every last bite was gone.  Not that this is actually my potato salad - I just spent about ten minutes drooling over all the pics on Google!  Me and my stepdad make our potato salad the same way - he showed me his secret a few years ago - and it's absolutely delicious.  Though I must confess, nowadays I just tend to wait for him to make a big batch and then pop round and steal it all!  Less washing up...  Anyway, we (the royal We) boil a whole pan of baby new potatoes until they're nice and tender, then drain them and leave them to cool.  Then we cut them into bitesize pieces, add a load of mayonnaise and chopped chives and a sprinkling of cayenne pepper... et voila!  Heaven in a bowl!